Friday, January 7, 2011

Organizing Fabric Swatches

Since I plan to make a quilt for our bed soon, I decided that I needed a way to look at all my fabric and even bring it with me when I'm going to select more.  I searched online and found a great idea, but unfortunately can't find the link anymore.  If you know who came up with the idea, please let me know so I can give them credit.

Anyway, here it is.


I cut out samples of each of the fabrics I have.  I don't have pinking shears so mine are ragged on the edges, but they'll still work.  I used my double sided scrapbooking tape to adhere them each to index cards then I wrote the place where I got each fabric so that I could remember in case I wanted to search for more.  Then I hole-punched them and put them onto a binder ring that I had leftover from one of my college classes.  Now I can grab the whole thing and bring it with me when I go to the store so I can easily compare fabrics and see if they would look good together. 


I'm sorry I haven't been posting much this week.  I'm in the middle of a couple different projects that I will be sharing next week so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment