Monday, January 17, 2011

New Stuff

After a very stressful day of dealing with the dealership where we got DH's car (I cannot express enough how much I hate that place), my MIL and I went to Joann's because practically everything is on sale right now.  While I was there I picked up some batting.  Some of it will be cut off to use for a project.  The rest will eventually turn into a quilt for our bed.  I also picked up some useful things to have around like more thread, elastic, and some Steam-A-Seam 2.  I also picked up some fabric. 

The top five fat quarters all came in a bundle.  The other was on its own. 


I also picked up this fabric.  The two on the left are cotton and the one on the right is flannel. 



The bird print was waiting to be put back on the shelf after someone else bought a bunch of it and I asked how much it was.  Regularly it would cost me $8.99 a yard.  During their current sale it was $2.99 a yard.  What a steal!  I have no idea what I'll use it for but I just love it so it had to come home with me.  I think some might make it's way into a baby quilt for DH's cousin.  I'm not sure what the rest will be used for. 

The rest of the sales were pretty awesome too, but that one was especially great.  Now, after driving all the way back to the dealership to pick up DH's car tomorrow, I will be able to do some of the crafts I've been looking forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment