Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reversible tote bag

Now that I have my sewing machine out of the box and actually working for me I decided to try out one of these reversible tote bags that I saw here.  This tutorial is amazing.  This is only my second time using my sewing machine and I was able to follow it and actually came out with a fairly cute bag.  I did make a change to this one.  I added a pocket to the inside of mine because I like to have somewhere to put the little stuff in my purse. 

I did struggle with it a little bit.  I put the straps on wrong and when I flipped my bag right side out after sewing I discovered that my straps were between the outer fabric and the lining.  Whoops.  So I became friendly with my seam ripper and took out the entire thing.  I redid it correctly and I love the way it came out.

Wanna see the finished product? 






I used some fabric that I found at Joann's.  I didn't even realize when I bought the fabric that the lining and the outer fabric have the exact same flowers on them and the colors even match.  I just thought they looked cute when I bought them.

Here's a picture of the lining fabric:


I love this bag.  And it was really easy to make.  I think I might be making some more in the near future for some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment