Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Big Project

Most of my projects have been pretty small so far, but I'm ready for something big.  Preferably something that can keep me occupied for a while.  So I'm starting a quilt for our bed.  It will be my first one, but I've been reading the Beginning Quilting series over at Diary of a Quilter constantly and trying to make sure I have all the information I need. 

I spent a bit of time today figuring out my size and pattern and then drawing it out so I could figure out how much fabric I need.  I'd share, but it's got my notes all over and it's probably not going to be helpful to anyone but me. 

Based on my math, I still need a lot more fabric before I can get started, but I should still be able to get started soon.  I can at least start cutting. 

Here's the set of fabrics I plan to use so far:


Please ignore the fact that they are super wrinkly.  I just got some of them out of the wash and I'm feeling too lazy to iron them at the moment. 

I can't wait to get started.  The hardest part will be finding more patterns in the right colors that don't have any flowers on them.  DH's only request was that it not be floral and I'm trying to honor that. 

What sort of projects are you working on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment