Thursday, February 10, 2011

An Update

Sorry I haven't been posting much.  Between getting sick and starting work I haven't had much time.  I promise to be back a lot more often soon. 

Some exciting news for our area:  We're getting a Joann's.  We have a building that's been empty for a while and there's been a lot of talk about what could possibly fill that space.  The city announced yesterday that Joann's will be coming in the fall.  It seems so far away, but I'm so excited.  It fulfills the one gap I really felt like we had here.  I will finally be able to get fabric without driving for over an hour or paying an insane amount for it.  I'm sad that our little shops will suffer a bit, but they have a different sort of feel and selection to them so I think they'll still survive. 

I'm loving my new job.  It's a lot to learn, but I think I'm picking it up.  The people I work with are really nice.  DH and I now work at the same place, but in different departments.  He was working on some stuff for my department so that was a little weird to see him at work.  It was nice, but also strange.  Neither of us were quite sure how to act. 

Overall things have been going pretty well.  I'm just ready to get back to sewing and crafting and for things to slow down a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment