Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Star Trek Technology

This just made my day!  I was on Pinterest and I happened to find a link to this baby.  It's a real-life working tricorder.  It's still fairly basic.  It's not quite as fancy as the ones they had on Star Trek, but it's a start.  I love being able to see things from Star Trek come to life.  Technology is an amazing thing. 

I've had this conversation with a few other Trekkies about the technology that we use today largely being inspired by things that appeared on Star Trek back as far as the late 60s.  Some of the ideas that they had in the 80s and 90s are spot on with today's tech gadgets.  We have touch-pads, Kindles (and other e-reading devices), and USB drives.  These are all things that showed up in Star Trek long before they hit the stores.  As a huge fan, I love seeing that we're going in that direction. 

Now I just need to convince my husband that we need one of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment