Sunday, March 11, 2012

Updates

Yeah, it's only been about six months since I last posted anything.  We'll call it settling in.  A lot has happened in the last six months.  We moved into our house and painted one of the rooms.  We've done very little to the house outside of that because I had the worst work schedule in the world and barely saw my husband.  But now my schedule is at least semi-normal so we've been enjoying our new time together. 

I've crossed a bunch of things off my list.  We rode a train near Santa Cruz.  It took us through the redwoods and was a ton of fun, even if we were the only people there without kids. That also counted as visiting a new city as we'd never been there before. 

We celebrated Christmas at our house, which was a lot of fun.  It was so nice to have everyone together and not have to worry about traveling as much (although we did still travel).

Yesterday we had a picnic, which was awesome.  It was the first really nice day that neither of us had to work so we spent it outside where we watched people ride a zip line.  Hubby almost talked me into riding it, but we decided to go do other stuff instead.

I also had surgery.  My gallbladder finally came out and I feel so much better.  Laying around for a couple weeks led to me reading a few books.  I read Wil Wheaton's Just a Geek, which is hilarious and sweet, much like his blog.  I love reading his stuff.  If I can ever get it to work for me, I plan on reading Memories of the Future soon.  That book is a bunch of his memories and critiques on the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation (yes, I'm a huge nerd).  If it's even half as funny as the podcasts that he created for it it'll be great. 

I also read the Tenebrea trilogy by Roxann Dawson and Daniel Graham.  Those books were freaking awesome.  I had to order the second and third ones when I was only halfway through the first because I knew I didn't want to wait to read them.  The writing is incredibly well-done and the characters are so realistic.  It's sci-fi, but very relatable at the same time.  I wish Roxann Dawson would publish more as she's an excellent author. 

So basically that's been my life outside of work for the past few months.  I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment