Monday, July 25, 2011

A Mini-Trip

On Saturday DH and I got up early and we both had the urge to go somewhere, even if it was just for a day.  So we talked while we got ready and eventually decided to head to the beach.  He wanted to play with his metal-detector and I wanted to read a book on the beach.  It took us forever to get there because there was so much traffic and our GPS took us in the most roundabout way possible, but we made it.  While I read I saw I seal playing in the waves.  If I'd had a camera on me I would have taken a picture because he kept popping up really close to us.  Then, in the parking lot we saw one in a pond where they dock the boats.  He was playing too.  We also saw a tiny bunny.  It was cold and windy, but still so nice to just get away for a day.  Before we left, we stopped at one of our favorite restaurants and got clam chowder bread bowls.  It was a wonderful day. 

I have no house updates though.  We are still waiting and it sucks.  If they'd approved it right away we'd be moving in a couple weeks.  At this point we're looking at mid-September at the earliest.  I suppose the one upside is that it will probably be the first time we've moved when it wasn't 100 degrees out.  I'm just hoping to avoid rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment