Thursday, June 16, 2011

My birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday.  While I wasn't expecting it to be too thrilling because I had to work and we are planning to have family over on Saturday to celebrate, DH put a lot of effort into it and made me feel really special. 

I got off work late (I work swing shift) so we only had a couple hours together.  I had requested a tri-tip sandwich from our local BBQ place, but they were closed when DH tried to go.  So he went to a nice restaurant in town and convinced them to make a tri-tip sandwich, even though it's not on their menu.  He also bought me some super chocolate ice cream (I don't remember what it's called, but it was awesome) and a cake from the bakery.  It was a lemon blueberry cake on bottom with lemon cheesecake on top.  It might be the best thing I've ever eaten. 

I also got to open my present, which was a brand new ipod touch.  I've never had a new ipod before (always got them used from my dad) and he had it engraved.  He knew my old one kept freezing and it was making me crazy. 

I also brought some cupcakes into work.  I didn't take pictures because they were very plain and I was running late.  Everyone was really nice (I think it was because I loaded them with sugar). 

So overall I had a great birthday.  And I still get to celebrate more because DH took tomorrow off so we can do something fun together and I get to see family on Saturday.  Now I just have to figure out what to get DH since his birthday is only 2 weeks away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment