I found this tutorial over at Sew, Mama, Sew a while ago and finally bought some batting that I didn't already have other plans for today and decided to finally make it. I'm always afraid to take my camera places because I don't want it to get scratched up or otherwise damaged in my purse. Now I don't have to worry.
It was really easy to make. Her directions were great and it came together in less than an hour from the first cut to taking pictures of the final product. I did make a few changes to it. I didn't have elastic that was thin enough so I changed it up and sewed on some Velcro. I didn't really measure how far I wanted the fold to go, I just estimated and found I spot that I liked and that fit my camera.
For the Velcro, I used this stuff:
Cheap and easy to use. I cut one inch of both pieces.
If you change the size of your pouch you might want to adjust the size of the Velcro too.
I discovered an awesome sewing tool also.
Technically it's a crocheting hook. But this one is really long and worked great for turning the camera cover inside out. I added it to my sewing box so that I'll have it on hand whenever I'm working on a project.
Here's the final product:
It's holding my cell phone in the picture and could easily be used for that too, but I like it for my camera. It fits better too.
I apologize for both my lack of posting (which I plan to improve soon) and also for the off lighting in the pictures. We're expecting another huge snow storm starting tonight so the sun has been hiding all day.
I'm going to be linking up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quiltstory.