Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver

I just finished reading Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.  I can now say that I've read all of her novels.  I love her work.  They always manage to suck me in so quickly and I'm disappointed when it's over because I've grown attached to the characters. 

I really enjoyed this book.  As usual, the writing is excellent.  Each chapter jumps between the stories of three of the characters who don't seem to have any connection at first, but eventually their relationships are revealed.  Getting used to the jumps took me a couple chapters, but I did get used to it. 

The plot is difficult to describe because of the three characters, but it is essentially about three characters and their lives in a small town in the Appalachians and their connections to farming. 

I really enjoyed this book.  Too bad Kingsolver doesn't have any more novels for me to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment