Thursday, April 28, 2011

Enchiladas

About a week ago, I found this recipe for cheesy chicken enchiladas.  Last night I decided to try them.  They are awesome.  DH loved them too so I think this recipe will become part of our regular rotation.


I didn't follow it exactly.  I used half cheddar and half pepper jack.  That's partly because we didn't have Monterrey Jack and partly because I'm not a big fan of it.  I also used canned chicken because I was feeling lazy.  Oh, and my pan only fit 7 tortillas.  I don't think it's a true 9x13.  The only change I would make for next time would be using purees peppers.  My cans had tiny little hard pieces from parts of the pepper you wouldn't normally eat so I'm going to try it with a puree. 

I'm actually looking forward to lunch so I can eat another one of these and I don't usually like leftovers so that should tell you just how good they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment