Friday, March 18, 2011

Bee Season

I finished another book.  It took me a while to find another one I wanted to read.  I read Bee Season by Myla Goldberg about a young girl who stuns her family when she wins her school spelling bee.  My only issue with this book was the number of errors still present, but after I finished it I noticed that the back of the book says that it's not really intended for the public because it's an un-edited copy.  I have no idea how my library got it, but they did.  Outside of that (which isn't the fault of the author), the book was awesome.  Goldberg's ability to tell a story is phenomenal.  She has a style that really sucks you in and gives just enough detail to make you feel like you can see what she's talking about without making you feel like it's just a bunch of long descriptions. 

I hope she has other novels so that I can read more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment