Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pillows

After finally figuring out how to make the sewing machine work I decided to make some pillows.  I had picked out some fabric that worked well with our couch and the rest of our living room and after practicing a bit I started cutting. 

First, I cut 4 18.5" squares to fit over the pillow forms I bought.  Then I matched the pieces together and sewed on three sides.  You have to leave the fourth side open to fit in the pillow form.  Unfortunately for me, that meant hand stitching them closed.  I won't share those pictures (because it's not pretty at all), but it's safe to say that I need a lot more practice. 

Anyway, here are the pillows I made:


They are both brown on one side and a turquoise color on the other.  I'm so excited that I can actually share a photo.  My card reader arrived today while I was out buying more fabric. 

If you have any questions on how to make these just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment