Since 2010 ends tomorrow, I thought I'd list 10 things that happened in 2010 that made me happy.
1. We got married! Back in April my husband and I finally got married after being together for over 4 years. It was amazing and definitely the happiest day of my life.
2. We moved. After 5 years of hoping and a year of actively trying we finally moved out of the crappy town we were living in and finally get to live in a beautiful area that we love.
3. DH got a new job. That job not only allowed us to move, but allowed us to pay our bills. We were struggling to find a job that could do both. It's also a thousand times better than his last job.
4. Maui. We went there on our honeymoon. It was so much fun and it is beautiful.
5. I got an interview. After graduating a year and half ago and very little luck in the job department I finally got an interview for a job. I still don't know if I got it, and it's not really what I wanted, but it's still an interview.
6. Crafts. I learned how to do a lot of new crafts this year. I improved my cake skills and even came up with my own recipes. I also learned to sew some basic things (and I plan to continue working on that).
7. This blog. After a lot of thought I started this blog. It doesn't have any regular readers yet, but I'm hoping to change that in the next year.
8. We started looking at houses. DH and I are starting to really plan and think about buying our own home and just starting made me happy. Hopefully next year I can say we bought one.
9. A new car. DH's old car was falling apart and was just generally horrible so we were finally able to get rid of it and get him something newer and safer. I no longer have to worry about getting a call to tell me he's stranded on the freeway.
10. Family and friends. I am really lucky to have some wonderful people in my life and not being in school allowed me to spend a bit more time with some of them. I didn't get to do as much as I'd like, but I still count myself lucky.
What made you happy in 2010?